INDUSTRY: Oil & Energy Industry
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Company Z is an oil & energy company based out of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The company over the years has established an elaborate optimal operation system in close cooperation. Since its establishment, Company Z has been highly regarded for its steady achievements in Abu Dhabi.
Based on the good reputation earned over the years and the appreciation of the Government, Company Z will continue to exert strenuous efforts to enhance its production capacity and to perform oil operations efficiently with a special emphasis on environmental issues.
- Data Centre Work Loads were increasing with business requirements every year, This resulted in huge capex investments of new Data Centre Resources and Operations.
- They wanted to digitally transform and modernize.
- Company Z wanted to embark on its journey to the public cloud by addressing,
- Scalability, time to market, agility and availability
- Avoid data center and IT systems refresh.
- The proposed solution was catered to a lift & shift of initial 10 production pilot non-critical applications/workloads to Microsoft Azure.
- Azure Migrate / Azure Site Recovery is being used as the replication tool to migrate the workloads to the cloud.
- All VMs are migrated and hosted on the Azure Infrastructure-as-a-Service model with most VMs reserved for 1 year and others under a PAYG model.
- Domain Controller would be configured as an ADC running on an IaaS VM replicating with the DC on-premises.
- Load-balanced Palo Alto NextGen firewalls were proposed and are being configured for Site-to-Site VPN connectivity with company Z’s on-premises network.
- Azure Monitor, Azure Sentinel, Azure Backup, Bastion service.
- The initial presentation of the Seven Seas Cloud Adoption Framework was explained based on Microsoft CAF.
View Other Case Studies
To make requests for further information, contact us via our social channels.