INDUSTRY: Investment Management
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Company Z is an Abu Dhabi-listed investment management company with a diversified and balance portfolio of local and international assets that delivers sustainable income and long-term value creation to its stakeholders.
The company operates in a wide variety of sectors that include public securities and credit markets, healthcare, industrial real estate, infrastructure, energy, financial services, travel and fintech.
- Customer had mailboxes, OneDrive data, Teams data on M365 with no strategy in place for backup of Office 365 data.
- Customer did not have enough storage on-premises to cater to the target repository requirements.
- Customer wanted to do away with traditional/legacy backup solutions of tapes and embrace a modern cloud-based backup solution for O365 data
- Microsoft doesn’t backup Office 365 data that consists of Exchange Online, SharePoint Online OneDrive for Business and Microsoft Teams and hence is customer’s responsibility to address this.
- Customer could not directly integrate VBO to ExaGrid storage as the VBO solution can backup O365 data to Azure or on-premises NAS/SAN/DAS.
- Customer was looking for a solution that will address economies of scale, storage scalability and hence evaluated the pros and cons of multiple solutions.
- Customer wanted to recover O365 items such as single emails.
- Customer wanted to recover at a granular level quickly and simply.
- Customer wanted to protect the company Office 365 data from accidental deletion, security threats and retention policy gaps
- Customer wanted to quickly recover individual Office 365 email, files and sites with flexibility.
- Solution presented to the customer is Veeam Backup for Office 365 with backup repository as Azure blob storage with the backup/proxy server as an Azure IaaS VM configured in a new Azure CSP subscription of customer’s existing M365 tenant.
- Sizing was done using the VBO calculator and considering the desired retention and growth rate for mailboxes and other O365 workloads.
- The results of the sizing exercise was used to right-size and architect the VBO Azure VM and underlying cache and blob storage repositories.
- Veeam Backup for Office 365 was configured to backup Exchange Online mailboxes, OneDrive and SharePoint sites.
- With Veeam Backup for Office 365, the customer’s Office 365 data is protected and backed up with retention policies configured.
- Customer was able to begin the public cloud journey with a cloud-first strategy for a cloud-based backup solution to address growth and scalability which can expand to host more workloads at a later stage
- The solution helped reduce backup infrastructure cost over time.
- The solution improved recovery time – Faster backup and recovery window.
- The solution reduced Recovery Time Objectives with flexibility to recover at a granular level.
- Improve the confidence in the backups with improved reliability
- The customer was able to adhere to compliance and regulatory requirements for backup data of O365 critical workloads.
- Helped eliminate the risk of losing access and control over Office 365 data.
View Other Case Studies
To make requests for further information, contact us via our social channels.